Search Engine Optimization is a very important method used in online publishing in order to increase visibility and traffic, which results in a higher ranking in search engines and more readers. To write an article for Search Engine Optimization requires one to have good writing skills.
That will ensure an interesting and pleasant to read an article that has strategically placed key phrases or keywords and of course, the inclusion of hyperlinks that will boost the traffic of your page. Below are some easy steps for you to follow in order to find out how to write an article for Search Engine Optimization.
1. Mind the outline of your article
Each and every article that you type needs to be well written, full of relevant, accurate information and engaging. If you are confident you can pull it off, then try to present a new angle for the topic you chose.
Try to get your readers hooked from the beginning so you can make them want to read more and more. Of course, for that, you will have to provide information that is important, at least in some ways, to your audience. In other words, write something useful, witty and valuable.
In order to ensure that your website will attract a lot of traffic, which translates into lots of readers that visit your website, you need a good article with good content. Also, this raises the probability of marketers (folks that decide to link their own website to your own) to link, should they find the idea appealing. This also increases the chances of advertisers to want to make use of your page for their advertisements, which translates into money for you.
2. Write down a list of relevant keywords or key phrases for your article
This step is very important for your publisher so they can incorporate in the metadata of that specific webpage, that is part of the HTML code.
Key phrases, keywords are both nothing more and nothing less than words or combos of words. They are used by folks to search for specific information on specific topics. They are also used by you, in the writing of the article.
Here is an example, to sort things out: key phrases for a good article about moving out could be “packing and moving” and “moving truck”. On the other hand, good keywords you could use would be “moving” and “relocation”.
Key phrases and keywords are memorized by “spiders”. These are actual scripts that search engines use to scan all the pages on the Internet. These scripts move across web pages and websites and scan them for both content and quality of content.
One of the many complicated methods they use to do this is to register the keywords and key phrases in order to determine the topic of a page, yet they also can detect how often a keyword or phrase is used. If you can believe it, these spiders can also know whether a page is grammatically correct or not and what types of inbound and outbound hyperlinks there are.
3, Start writing the article
Below are a few pointers to help you create the structure of the article:
- First and foremost, please ensure that the article is grammatically correct and that it contains no spelling mistakes.
- Name your article aka give it a title.
- In order to make it easier to read and follow, break it up into short sections with subheaders.
- Try to use(write) the most relevant keywords and key phrases as early in the article as possible. It is preferable to do this in the very first sentence or at least in the first paragraph.
- Make sure not to overdo it, though. Try not to overuse keywords or key phrases. Scatter them throughout the text in a natural way but in accordance with the reading pace of the article. Word of advice: the Goldilocks for keyword density is 1-3%.
- Don’t forget to include the main keywords and key phrases in the titles and subheaders.
- You can italicize or bold keywords or key phrases in your article, but only if it makes sense.
4. Links, links and more links
Do not forget to include hyperlinks in your text. These babes are actual links to other web pages that are relevant to your article’s topic. For example, you can, for the visual effect, highlight or italicize a specific word or phrase and add the web address to which you want to link. Ensure that you only link to high-quality websites.
5. Sharing is caring
It is important to build links to your SEO article, even if said article is top-notch quality. You need to share it with the rest of the world, so we can all enjoy it. Not to mention how easy you can do this via Facebook and other social media giants.